We are currently looking for new trustees to join our board.
This is a rewarding role and you’d be joining a friendly, committed team of individuals. Our current trustees come from a range of backgrounds and bring a wide range of skills across span safeguarding, fundraising, law, marketing, IT, HR and youth work. You do not need previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities, just the enthusiasm and competency required to manage this successful charity.
Trustees typically dedicate 10-12 hours of their time every month, depending on individual circumstances. Board meetings currently take place every six weeks via Zoom but under normal circumstances we meet in Central London.
Our duties include:
- Individual responsibility for a key area such as IT, Fundraising or Policy-making (amongst others)
- Working with the Club Leaders to develop The Squad's strategy
- Ensuring that The Squad’s goals and work practices meet the objects in the Articles of Association
- Assuming overall legal responsibility for The Squad's work
- We welcome all applicants, particularly those with an interesting in attending club nights (in Wimbledon) on a regular basis and acting as a key point of contact with the club leaders and members.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Squad is committed to the safeguarding of our members. All trustees will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.